Friday, October 16, 2015

Fall Lipstick Favorites

Hello, again!

It’s that time of year again, where a deep, bold lipstick really pulls an outfit together. Being as lipstick obsessed as I am, I couldn’t leave you guys without knowing what some of my favorite shades are for autumn! Here are just a hand full from my collection that I love to use this time of year!


The Mauvey Nudes

Everyone loves a good mauve toned nude for the fall. It’s like your lips but better and deeper and more sultry. A good mauve softens any smokey eye, and I particularly love mauve because I feel like it really accentuates the blue in my eyes. Mauve is definitely one of my go-to colors for every relaxing, autumn day spent sipping hot tea and knitting. I’ve really been loving Revlon’s Lustrous Lip Color in Mauvey Night for it’s incredibly smooth texture and shine, it’s perfect to chuck on when I need to make a Target run, or if I want a pouty look for a quiet night out. I’ve also been obsessed with Kat von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick. It has some cool-toned, lilac undertones that are really on trend at the moment, and the staying power of this lipstick is phenomenal. 


The Spicey Nudes

What’s pumpkin season without some good spice? I’ve been a lot of warmer tones this fall, orangey eyes and cheeks, and these brown-toned nudes are the perfect complement. It’s great to warm up your face in the chilling fall weather. I love to throw on an orangey brown lip on my trips to Starbucks to work on my blog. I grab my Ewok keys, and I’m out the door! I’ve really been loving the (aptly named) Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Touch of Spice because it really is the perfect matte nude. It glides on in that beautiful, 90s browny nude and stays matte and perfect all day long. I also adore Revlon’s Lustrous Lip Color in Rum Raisin because the color and formula is just as delicious as the name suggests. It’s rummy and buttery and amazing.


The Reds and Berries

You can never go a season without a classic red and a cat-eye. I’m a sucker for a bold, red lip and a striped dress, and I loved the idea of bringing it to autumn with deeper, berry shades and accessorizing with an olive, felt hat. NYX’s Round Case Lipstick in Snow White has been a favorite of mine for a while now because it’s a deeper version of the classic red, making your pout perfect for those chilly, autumn shopping trips. I recently discovered Sonia Kashuk’s Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in Berry Nude and I absolutely love the creamy texture. The color is the quintessential berry that everyone needs in their makeup bag for fall.


The Vampy Lips

And, of course, I couldn’t survive autumn without those sexy, vampy lipstick shades. Does anyone else throw on a dark lipstick and just feel right at home? I love how sexy I feel with such a bold statement. I love throwing a deep lip on with my favorite leather jacket and a fun statement necklace for a night out. I’ve also been accessorizing with a thin scarf, wrapped in my hair à la Harry Styles circa 2014, and I absolutely adore the bohemian vibe.

Narrowing down my selection of vampy lips was, of course, impossible, but here’s a little taste of my collection. My very, very favorite bold lip is Revlon’s Lustrous Lip Color in Black Cherry. As you can probably tell, I have an obsession with this lipstick line. I love the creamy application and amazing pigmentation of all of these lipsticks, but Black Cherry is by far, my favorite. The color is just the perfect Cherry Coke Red for my lips in autumn. Or in Spring, if I’m feeling daring. Maybelline’s Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Burgundy Blush is a relatively new favorite. I discovered that it’s the exact same color as the blanket scarf I mentioned in my Fall Favorites so, naturally, I wear them together as often as possible. I’m just so in love. Kat von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira is another classic, browny red shade with stunning wear time. It’s probably the most subtle of my vampy lip colors. The name is fantastic for the Halloween season as well. And last, but certainly not least, the deep plum of NYX’s Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania is to die for. This almost black, buttery lip shade does go on a little patchy, but if you throw on a lip pencil, the color of this is absolutely stunning. It’s the perfect, witchy way to make such an amazing statement. I feel like Wednesday Addams every time I wear it, but like an adult, super sexy Wednesday Addams. I’m obsessed.

—-

What are some of your favorite lipstick colors to wear in the fall? Are you more of a mauve-y nude or a vampy and bold? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay tuned Monday for a fun Autumnal Outfit Look!

xo

Amanda Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment