Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mermaid Halloween Makeup Look

Hello, again!

This is part two of my Halloween makeup looks, and it’s one I’m really, really excited about!!! This is my Mermaid look!!!



It was sooooooooo easy to do, guys! I literally only used four products! 

First, for the eyebrows, I thickly drew in my eyebrows with this dark teal eyeshadow to define the shape and add volume. Then, to define each hair and to look less like a cartoon character (yeah, right!), I combed through my brows with this mint colored mascara, the same mascara I used on my eyelashes!!!! 

I carved out my eye sockets, similarly to the Tim Burton tutorial I made last week with the same teal eyeshadow I used for my eyebrows. I really wanted to define the crease, but still keep my eyes pretty bright. Mermaids usually lure sailors in with their eyes, right? So you want to keep them as bright and sultry as possible.

Then, for my face, I used the exact same teal eyeshadow to contour my face! I used it in a “3-formation”, focusing the majority of the product in the hollows of my cheeks, my temples, and under and around my jaw. 
For effect, I also focused the contouring into the hollows of my collar bone. Depending on your costume, you could use the teal eyeshadow all over your body! 
((Fun tip: To find the hollows of your cheeks, just make a fish face!!! Very fitting for this look.))



Now for the fun part: Highlight. I love a good highlight, whether it be for an every day makeup look or something mystical like this. I think I’m just really attracted to glitter. Either way, this highlight was so much fun for me! I found this incredible, iridescent green eyeshadow, fittingly called “Mermaid”, and I took that on my fingertips, smudging it into the high points of my face. I used it across the tops of my cheekbones, along the top of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, and my chin.
To really brighten my eyes, I used the same highlighter under my brow bones and in the corners of my eyes. Also, pat some of it onto the center of your lids, making your eyes appear larger.

To make my lips appear poutier, I used the same highlighter on my cupids bow. My lips were actually my very favorite part of this look! I had this fantastic blue lipstick which actually inspired this whole look! It already has bits of blue shimmer in it, which make it look fantastic in the light. To make it more teal to match the look, I actually patted that same highlight shadow all over my lips!

To tie off the whole look, I plaited my hair in a fishtail braid. How fitting, right?



I’m absolutely in love with this look, and I can’t wait to do another one!!! Stay tuned next week for another Halloween look! Also, check back in Friday for my Fall lipstick favorites!

What’s your favorite mythical creature? Let me know in the comments below! Or tag me on social media!

xo
Amanda Jean

---
What I used on my face:
***Here’s a cheaper Alternative: NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in Dare

No comments:

Post a Comment