Friday, October 9, 2015

Autumn Favorites

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to the abridged list of my Fall Favorites! I say abridged because there are so many more things I love this time of year. I chose to omit the obvious things like falling leaves and pumpkin spice and the beautiful, Oregon rain, because those are my favorites every year. But here are some other things I’ve been loving in this beautiful season.


This autumn is my first living in my own apartment, where decorating is entirely up to me, and I decided to bring a touch of fall lovin’ to my tiny place by purchasing these adorable sparkly pumpkins and this cute felt wreath. Both have a little bit of sparkle, and you know I can’t resist that. 

Also, for the first time, I’ve decided to burn candles. My house needed that touch of autumn smell, and these candles from Target were perfect. As you can see, Autumn Harvest and Be Thankful are well loved. I especially loved burning them at the same time. A little bit of pumpkin with a little bit of spice makes a lot a bit of happy Amanda.



My next autumn favorites are under the fashion and accessories category, and you have no idea how hard this was for me to narrow down. I’ve been wearing different variations of a similar outfit for a couple of weeks now, and I think it’s comfy and perfect for the changing weather outside. 

1) This olive green trapeze dress is absolutely gorgeous and flattering on all figures. I’m so attracted to olive green this fall, and this is definitely not the only piece in my wardrobe. I’m all about that life. The trapeze style dress is also one I have in numerous colors. I love the cozy chic vibe you get from a girly, flowy dress made of such a comfy material.

2) Oh My God, don’t even get me stared on this moto jacket. My mom and I stumbled upon this little beauty at Sloan Boutique in Northwest Portland, and we both loved it so much I convinced her to buy me one too. I don’t even know what to say about this piece other than it makes me feel stunning and glamorous, but also super badass. (Sorry about the language!) But I’m honestly infatuated with this. I’d wear it to sleep if I could.

3) Recently, I haven’t been able to leave the house without a huge, fabulous blanket scarf. This one from Forever 21 is the perfect, deep burgundy. It really makes my freckles and blue eyes pop, and we know I love to make those pop! Really, though, this is so cozy and wonderful. It makes me feel like I’m at home under the covers no matter where I am.

4) Some other accessories I’ve been totally obsessed with are over-the-knee socks and booties. Over-the-knee socks like these ones from Forever 21 are the perfect pair with a cozy, autumn dress. They show that little cheeky bit of thigh when you walk, and they still manage to keep you warm and comfortable. I also can’t resist a good bootie like these from Target. These are a gorgeous, gold-effect platform, and I’m in love. I’m going to have an entire post about booties in a few weeks, so keep an eye out for that!

5) Last, but not least, are my favorite beauty items. I’m not going to lie to you, this is the ultra condensed version. My favorite thing about autumn are the amazing options for makeup! I recently went back to wearing nail polish, and I discovered this amazing, Galaxy green and gold from CND Vinylux at Ulta. The price is high but absolutely worth it because the staying power on this nail polish is ridiculous. Also, as we all know, I love a great lipstick. This Revlon lipstick in Rum Raisin is my favorite pop of orangey nude to throw on. I’ll also be posting a fall lipstick post in the future! Stay tuned for that as well!

---
And of course, I couldn’t post an autumn favorites without some random things I’ve been loving! So please check these out as well!

1) Twin Peaks - The first two seasons from the 90s are up on Netflix, and I’m absolutely hooked. Can’t wait for the next season in 2017!
2) Infinity - One Direction’s bonus download from their upcoming album Made in the AM. This is my jam
3) Baking Encounter - One of my very best friends has a baking blog!!! I love her adorable use of GIFs, and her personality really shines in this blog!
4) Geeky Girl’s Guide to Living a Creative Life - Another of my very best friends has created some Ace content about being a nerd and rocking it!
5) Sean Slaugh - My boyfriend (and roommate) started a YouTube channel where his sarcastic wit meets dorky challenges. I’ve had the spotlight in a few videos too!
—-

What are some of your favorite things this autumn!? Let me know in the comments below! Or tag me on social media!

xo
Amanda Jean


P.s. - New autumn outfit post coming Monday! I’m very excited to show you my favorite pieces to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment