Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Tim Burton Inspired Halloween Makeup Look

Happy October!

This is the first post in my series of quick and easy Halloween makeup looks! Whether you have to work on Halloween, or you're preparing for a last minute costume, these looks are perfect to slap on and head out the door!

My first look is inspired by the imagination and worlds of Tim Burton. Whether you'd prefer to stroll down main street in Halloween Town or shout Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!, the easiest way to throw yourself into that universe is to accentuate the bags under your eyes, and make your kissable lips a little more haunting. 



To make my oversized eyes a little dead-er, I accentuated my eye socket with a cool-toned eyeshadow, taking the same sweeping motion all the way around my actual eyeball. Then, to make my eyes appear bigger, I highlighted the middle of my lid and just underneath my brow bone with a softer eyeshadow color. I also added a pop of white eyeliner to my waterline and the inner corner of my eye, anything to appear more cartoonish.


As we know, most of Tim Burton’s characters appear dead, so I really dug out my cheekbones with that same cool-toned eyeshadow, making my face appear really sullen and gloomy. I used the same eyeshadow in my temples and along my jawline as a contour shade. Even though the characters are dead, they still like to party with the living, so I added a pop of bubblegum pink blush, and another cool-toned, blue eyeshadow for a highlighter. I thought it really gave that ethereal, out of this world effect. 


I finished the whole look off with deep, plum lipstick and these fantastic false lashes! The proportions of a Tim Burton character are always a little off, so it’s best to go with gigantic eyes and tiny, Queen of Hearts lips!

---
I loved doing this look, and I hope some of you could draw inspiration from it as well!
If you choose to do this look, please send me a picture via Social Media! (Links in my sidebar!)

Who’s your favorite Tim Burton character? Leave me a comment below!

Stay tuned for my Fall Favorites on Friday!!! I have a lot of great things I’ve been loving this season, and I can’t wait to share them with you!!!

xo

-Amanda Jean

[Products used to finish this look:

1 comment: